Topcat

Thanks for trying to help!
I am using Microsoft Equation 3.0 in Word 2003 (11.6502.6408) SP1.
I can open EE without a problem, but when I click on any of the symbols on
the toolbar, the toolbar completely disappears and nothing happens in the
workspace although I can still see it.
The application is hosted on a Microsoft Server 2003 Standard edition.
I hope this information is helpful

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

On 4-Oct-2005, Topcat wrote:

How do I make my Equation editor in word work?
It just disappears when I click on it.

I'll try to help, but you didn't give us much information to work with.

1. How are you opening Equation Editor (EE)?

2. What do you mean "disappear"? Do you mean EE closes completely?

3. What do you mean "when I click on it"? EE appears as a 2-row toolbar and
a workspace inside your document. The workspace is enclosed by a dotted
rectangle. Are you clicking on the toolbar, inside the workspace, or
somewhere else?

4. What version of Word are you using?

Any information you can give in addition to the answers to these questions
would be most helpful.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide