Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Document opens with "final showing mark up"??

Hi

You cannot control whether the document opens with "Final showing
markup" or "Final" etc. If Word is showing you that big space on the
right it is because there are un-accepted tracked changes or comments in
the document. If you want to send out the document without the tracked
changes, use the Reviewing toolbar and go through each change and either
accept or reject it.

For more information, see
How does Track Changes in Microsoft Word work?
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"CDY" wrote in message
I am creating a proposal and have added pieces from other documents.
One of
the pieces we added used track changes. In that piece I accpeted the
changes
and saved the vesion with "final" showing under the view tab. I
copied it to
my main document. Now everytime I open the main document there is the
column
on the right that corresponds with the "final showing mark up" option
from
the view tab. How do I get the document to open without that?

Thanks.