Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamran Kamran is offline

Default Updating fields using screen update doesn't work with command

Hi, Cindy. Thanks for the remind on providing more info, will do (this is on
Word 2003). I think you're right about the focus on the button. I had the
code above in the sub for a command button click so that it would update a
formula SUM field, but it wouldn't work. Instead I came up with the idea to
assign a "Score" bookmark to the field and just update it directly. Hope
that makes sense.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
ActiveDocument.Variables("var1").Value = 2
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Score").Range.Fields.Upd ate
End Sub