Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to remove watermark liked, but not watermark, text?

It sounds like page 6-end had the "Same as previous" setting turned on, and
that you've removed the watermark from the section(s) that contained pages
1-5, but that the later section(s) still have watermark turned on since the
header/footer areas (where watermarks reside) in the different document
sections are now unlinked.

If this is Word 2007, go to the first page on which you see a watermark, and
in the Page Layout tab, choose Watermark - Remove watermark. Do this for
each page on which watermarks are still visible.

If this is Word 2003 or earlier, do what you did for pages 1-5 for on each
page where you still see a watermark.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"SueL" wrote in message
This solution does not work for me. I had entered it as a Background
Watermark Draft. When I go back through and click No Watermark. It
removed
it from the first 5 pages of the document but remains on all other pages.

"Kam127" wrote:

I have a document that has rotated graying texts on the edge of every
page
of the document that I want to remove. The texts only show up in the
print
layout view mode. Thought it was watermark text, but apparently not as
the
option
Format - Background - Printed Watermark
indicates there is no watermark.

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to remove the text?

Thanks

kli