Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Conditional inserts in label merge

"MikeB" wrote in message

You could take a look at my web page -
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm . It should give you some
ideas.

Graham, thank you for your quick response. Is this in the Help
somewhere? (Have I ever complained how hard I find it to get the right
help section in the new Help system in Office 2007?).

If I look at your example, then a stylized representation seems to be:

{IF {condition "{true_action}" "{false_action}"}

and then to identify "stuff" (for want of a better technical term), I
use the Mergefield identifier to name the data element in the merging
record? Sorry if I'm being vague or imprecise.

If there is a good reference for this could you please point me there?

Thanks.