Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeB[_2_] MikeB[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional inserts in label merge

On Feb 9, 10:00*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
"MikeB" wrote in message

You could take a look at my web page -http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. It should give you some
ideas.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Graham, thank you for your quick response. Is this in the Help
somewhere? (Have I ever complained how hard I find it to get the right
help section in the new Help system in Office 2007?).
If I look at your example, then a stylized representation seems to be:
{IF {condition "{true_action}" *"{false_action}"}
and then to identify "stuff" (for want of a better technical term), I
use the Mergefield identifier to name the data element in the merging
record? *Sorry if I'm being vague or imprecise.
If there is a good reference for this could you please point me there?
Thanks.

Thanks.

Now I have a really weird problem. The field I want to insert is in a
table that is imbedded in a cell of a bigger table. (Background: I'm
creating these cards with specific information on them, so I'm doing a
mail merge into each card - rather a label merge)

The condition is in a cell that is on the bottom of the table, so when
I edit the field and all fie field codes are displayed, it pushed the
bits I'm working with o0ut of sight, so I can't easily figure out what
I'm doing since I'm typing blind. Is ther some way I can edit this
text somewhere and then copy/paste it into the field?