Daiya Mitchell

I can't see the replies you already got--did you change the subject line? So
if this is a repeat, sorry.

Turn on First Page Headers (File | Page Setup, Layout tab). View
Headers/Footers. If the First Page header is now blank, copy the regular
header into it. If necessary, delete the text in the regular header.

You copy between documents exactly the same way as within a doc--just view
headers/footers and copy into the appropriate location--but you don't need
to in this case.

Intuitively I can see in Word that the Page Setup should place a
command in front of the header and footer commands, but there is no way
that I can literally see where that command is placed.

What you say about "Intuitively...." in fact, I think that is exactly *not*
how Word works. It works very differently from WordPerfect, and I think a
lot of your confusion is caused by thinking it's the same. See these:

How Word differs from WordPerfect
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ordPerfect.htm

Some Tips and "Gotchas" for those who are new to Word
Especially if migrating from WordPerfect
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...AndGotchas.htm

Is There Life After "Reveal Codes"?
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

WordPerfect to Word converters (and why none of them are perfect)
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...Converters.htm

Also, did anyone send you here, which is an excellent explanation of how
headers/footer work:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm
And here, specifically re Letterhead:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

On 6/19/05 12:49 PM, "Ken K" wrote:

Thanks to you both for your responses. Here is the problem that I do
not seem to be able to solve readily without reconstructing my header:
I already have created the header and footer and would now like to
change the second and all additional pages.

I am used to using WordPerfect, where I can go in and see where the
commands are and correct them easily, if they are not in the correct
spot. Intuitively I can see in Word that the Page Setup should place a
command in front of the header and footer commands, but there is no way
that I can literally see where that command is placed.

Is there a way of placing the "First Page Only" formatting command into
a page that is already created or will I have to copy the header and
footer to a new page? If the latter, how would I copy a complete header
and footer onto another document?

Thanks
Ken K

Ken K wrote:

Word 2000

I have set up logo stationary with the logo and names of a group in a
header and the address in the footer of a page. I would like to add
additional pages to the letter without having the header and footer
print. Do these have to be erased manually on each subsequent page or
is there a way to only have the header and footer print on the first
page?

Thanks
Ken K

--