Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Nothing happens when I emailmerge

FWIW it does work here (Office 2007 SP1)

Unfortunately this problem is not unknown, even on those old versions, but I
have never been able to find the underlying cause. The thing that seems to
fix the largest number of problems in this area is to do a check and repair
(i.e. Office button-[Program] Options-Resources-run Microsoft Office
Diagnostics)

Also, if you've just moved to SP1 it seems I am not the only one who has had
to save and delete Word's Data key in the registry to get some things to
work again (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm ).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook)" wrote in message
Hi MVP's. I'm a little desperate to get this working. I have been doing
and teaching this for years on all older version so why can't I make it
work on 2007?

Here's what I do:

Open Outlook (leave Word closed) and select certain Contacts ( group by
State, then Category go get the batch I want)
Tools | Mailmerge

Choose Merge to email | Type a subject | OK - Word starts up

Use the Insert merge fields button to get to Outlook's data fields and pop
them in
Finish and Merge | Send email messages.

Nothing happens. No emails sent. No messages on screen.
This exact sequence has worked on all previous versions. I leave it with
all the default settings eg Selected Contacts and HTML. I click ONLY
what's described above. Honest.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook