Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Default How do you stop word from defaulting to US bloody English? Please

Jezebel,

You are no fun. I would have left him groping for a while ;-)

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Jezebel wrote:
Calm down. Obscene though US imperialism might be, it doesn't actually
extend its nefarious tentacles this far.

Set the language for your computer as a whole: go to Regional and
Language settings on the Control Panel and change the language from
US English to something civilized.

Set the langauge for Word: set the language for normal style to
English (Australian). Set other styles if necessary, although most
styles ulitmately inherit from Normal, so you probably won't need to.

Set the language for the document: select the lot, then use Tools
Language.

"Dannyg" wrote in message
Is there a simple way of keeping English (Australian) as the default
spell checker. I change it for one word and it just keeps going back
to the US version. What is it with the US can't they accept anything
else???