WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to insert a line in Word that can be filled in (w/ type) and .

To insert a line in Word that can be filled in with type, you can use the "Underline" feature. Here are the steps:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the line.
  2. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Underline" button in the "Font" group.
  4. Select the type of underline you want to use. For example, you can choose "Single" or "Double" .
  5. Type the text you want to appear before the line.
  6. Press "Tab" to move your cursor to the end of the line.
  7. Press "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "Space" to insert a non-breaking space.
  8. Type the text you want to appear after the line.

Now, when you fill in the blank by typing over the line, the text before and after the line will not move. The line will stay in place and the text will be inserted on top of it.