Carson

Default Character limit in mail merge

Hi all,

MS Word gave me another challenge... Need help from experts!

I'm using Excel as the source file format for mail merge in Word. There're
about 40 columns and about 50 records/rows. Almost all columns are text, and
some have text as long as 1,000 characters. (FYI, the length limit of each
cell is 32,767 characters.)

While the complete contents can show up perfectly for some columns after
mail merge, some columns can only show the first 255 characters.

I've tried both General and Text (number format) in Excel, but it didn't
work.

I've tried opening the Excel file via Access. Found that Access can also
only read the first 255 characters from those problematic columns.

What's wrong?? Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Carson