Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default copy newspaper articles withOUT horrendous formatting issues

By default it will shrink to the margins of the page so while it should fit,
it could well be much smaller than the original - unless the OPs printer
will accept large page sizes.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
That may well make a graphic too long to insert on a single page,
though.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:44:03 -0700, jayjaydavid
wrote:

It seems like a simple task, but an hour later I am giving in,
asking for help.

Can someone please tell me how to copy an online newspaper article
(including the headline, text, pictures, etc.) into a MS Word
document WITHOUT the formatting changing everything?

I would simply take a screenshot and copy that into a word
document, except that the article is quite long (it extends past
the fold (bottom) of my screen), and subsequently only the top of
the article is copied in the screenshot.

Use SnagIt (30-day free trial at www.techsmith.com), which can
automatically scroll the page to capture the whole thing.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman