Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Barb Barb is offline

Default individual letters from mail merge

It didn't... I tried it from the toolbar at the top, then from the toolbar on
the left side... neither worked.
The add-in seems very easy, but can't understand why this isn't working.
Thanks,
Barb

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I suggest that you turn on the Mail Merge Toolbar by selecting Toolbars from
the View menu and then check the Mail Merge item. That toolbar has all of
the necessary buttons on it for performing the whole mail merge operation.
After you have set up the mail merge main document, then click on the button
on that toolbar for Merge to New Document and see if that makes any
difference.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Barb" wrote in message
I've read thru almost every post regarding this issue, have downloaded the
add-in and run my mail merge over and over again and keep getting the same
results. I've rebooted, opened word first, etc, but...
When I get to the "Edit inidividual letters" part, select ALL, click YES
create separate doc, select Filename Field (File As) and Browse to the
folder
I want to save them in... I get 1 file... just the first one of 27, and it
shows up on 3 pages, instead of 1.
I'm running Word 2003 on XP box.
What am I missing?
Thanks, Barb