macropod

Hi Lara,

Part of the limitation of Word's OR test is that it only supports two
conditions, as others have pointed out. This applies to AND tests also.

There is another way, though. Instead of using OR, you could use a numeric
test. For example:
{IF{={IF{MAILMERGE County}= "County1" 1 0}+{IF{MAILMERGE County}= "County2"
1 0}+{IF{MAILMERGE County}= "County3" 1 0}+{IF{MAILMERGE County}= "County4"
1 0}+{IF{MAILMERGE County}= "County5" 1 0}+{IF{MAILMERGE County}= "County6"
1 0}+{IF{MAILMERGE County}= "County7" 1 0}+{IF{MAILMERGE County}= "County8"
1 0}} 0 "True Statement" "False Statement"}

In this case, adding the result of each IF test works the same as a series
of OR tests. Granted, you'll have nine IF tests, but you only need one true
(and perhaps one false) output statement.

Cheers

"Lara Z" wrote in message
I am trying to code a merge document that will insert an additional

two-page
document if the 'COUNTY' field is one of eight counties. The additional
document is the same for all eight counties. In WordPerfect this could be
done simply with the SWITCH/ENDSWITCH construct. I know there is no
equivalent in Word, but is there any easier way to do this than doing

eight
back-to-back IF statements with the same (redundant) two pages of text
inserted in each "then" part of the IF statement? Is there an OR operator

in
Word that might help accomplish this?