Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "Transpose" macro Hebrew / right-to-left text

I remembered to check this when I was seeing what the Zoom commands
are called in 2007 (they're called Zoom).

When I select a command that's already on the QAT and click to add a
keyboard shortcut, I get the panel familiar to me from creating
keyboard shortcuts from Insert Symbol. When I type some command in the
box for it, at the bottom of the panel it gives the name of the
command it will become the keyboard shortcut for (in Insert Symbol, it
shows the symbol that will be inserted).

But when I added a keyboard shortcut for the macro that I didn't put
on the QAT, the name of the macro didn't appear at the bottom of the
Create Shortcut panel. (But the shortcut was created properly anyway.)

It's simply a display difference, but one that raises a hint of
insecurity -- it's possible that you could have mistakenly selected
the wrong macro from the list but this would have alerted you to such
a mistake.

On Oct 12, 9:11 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:

I'll have a look at the web page instructions re the QAT vis-a-vis the
shortcut key. However the macroname should appear in the right window of the
shortcut key editor, when macros are selected in the left.

Also, I noticed a tiny glitch in your "installing macros"
instructions yesterday. I don't need to put Transpose on the QAT,
but I do want a keyboard shortcut. The instructions give the
impression that you need a button on the QAT to assign a shortcut to
a macro, but t turns out you don't -- just skip the step to add it
to the QAT and go on to click the Shortcut button. (However, the
name of the macro does _not_ appear in the shortcut-assigning panel,
as I'm accustomed to seeing when I assign a shortcut to a character.)