Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BHostler BHostler is offline

Default My menu bar is missing when I open any document.

Thank you. By going to START then RUN and typing winword.exe /a I can open
the docs with the file menu at the top. But if I just double click on a
document out of the "My Documents" folder for instance I still have the file
menu missing at the top. Is there anyway to fix this or do I just have to
open word through the RUN screen everytime?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

BHostler wrote:
For some reason when I open any saved document my menu bar is
missing. So I do not have access to the file menu, view menu, tools
menu, etc. When I try to create a new document it is there though. I
know I can go into customize and reset it to have the menu bar there
again. But, that is a hassle to do everytime I open a document.
Because when I close it and then reopen a doc it is missing again. Is
there anyway to make the menu bar show up all of the time again
because it used to work like that but apparently I did something to
screw that up?

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm

--
Regards,