Yep, we've had a rash of that lately, and I should have thought of it. Until
we started seeing this problem, I was unaware that there even was a new
version of Acrobat, so it's interesting to see how many users have already
(prematurely?) upgraded.

"Schmenky" wrote in message
Suzanne,

thenx for the reply. Your colleague Beth Melton gave me the solution (see
the following post). The problem was the Adobe 7 plug-in.

greetz from the Netherlands..

John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Either Normal.dot is not being saved, or it is being regenerated fresh

when
you start Word. Are you on a standalone machine or a corporate network?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Schmenky" wrote in message
Hi,

I have the following problem with a newly installed Word 2003: When I

want
to change the default font (using 'format, font, default'), Word saves

the
change to the normal.dot file. But when I restart Word, I get the old

default
font, and not the new one I selected (it is installed on the pc). Any
suggestions why this occurs?

cheers, John