Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
talkinglens talkinglens is offline

Default Adjusting width of 1 cell in a row in a table

I am trying to use the left side of the cell to move the width on the fly
using the drag method and am only able to adjust the width of the entire
column. Yet when I don't want it to, this method will actually move the
vertical line (cell left border) and not the entire column width! However, I
cannot do it on purpose which I am trying to do! I have tried the shift,
control, option and alt keys both on mac and pc and cannot get it to work.
Please tell me how to do this. I don't want a work around where you split
cells, etc. Does anyone know the trick?
Dr. Joe