thelisha

Default TOC entries in the Index

Hello,
I am nearing the final stages of a long manual I have been working on in
Word 2003 and I have noticed that the Index is picking up some page numbers
for text that is in the Table of Contents. I know that this is happening
because I used the "mark all" feature for some of the key words in the text
and I can see the XE field codes in the TOC. My initial question was going to
be is there a way to stop the Index from listing the TOC text when I use the
"mark all" feature; however, I noticed when I hit F9 to update the TOC and
then the Index, I no longer see the XE codes in my TOC and the TOC entries
disappear from my Index. Is this normal or is something strange happening to
my document? Any assistance to my question would be a greatly appreciated!
Thelisha Woods