Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichD RichD is offline

Default Batch Conversion From .doc to .docx?

Thanks. I'm not familiar with using such info to make a Word macro but
appreciate the response anyway.

I thought Microsoft would have furnished a built-in converter to do the job,
since it wants its Office customers to use the new file format. Oh well...

One other question in this respect:

I used my normal.dot file from Office XP when I installed Office 2007 and it
works fine with Office 2007. Will the macros in the old normal.dot file that
I brought over work with the new .docx format?