Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default blank record empty space after merge

Hi ?B?Sm9obg==?=,

The If...Then...Else box asks for the field name of which I chose the
"client middle name" field. For the "Comparison box" I chose "is blank" and
the "compare to" box I left blank.
There are two other box choices "insert this text" and "otherwise insert
this text"

Where exactly is the "space" to be typed for the false answer choice?

In the second of the two boxes. Note that you also need to remove the space
before or after the "client middle name" field (depending on whether you're
inserting the IF field before or after it - it will provide the space, as
required, that you need to delete).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org