Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Adding New Styles to the Gallery (Word 2007)

And there is the problem - when I select the style on the Reommend tab, all
the butons become deactivated (grey) except Select All and Select Built-in.
I am at a loss as to how to proceed. I cant seem to get styles to the task
pane.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If your style is displayed in the Styles task pane, right-click and choose
"Add to Quick Styles gallery." You can promote the style to a higher
position in the gallery by playing with the rankings of the various styles
in the Style Manager (click Manage Styles in the Styles task pane and choose
the Recommend tab in the Manage Styles dialog).

http://word.mvps.org

"PA" wrote in message
news
When I go into the new style dialog and create a new style, I do not see a
by
which to add it to the Gallery on the Home tab of the Ribbon. I was under
the impression that there was an option button, or check box, to do so.
The same applies to the large style list that is accessed by choosing
Manage
Styles.
There is a large number of styles, but I do not seem to be able to add to
the Gallery.
Please point me in the right direction
Thanks
Paul