Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
newbie consultant

Default footer page numbers shaded and shading can't be removed

Fabulous! Thank you! That was it! I must have changed it inadvertantly and
for the life of me couldn't find how to chage it back. Thank you so much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View. Set field shading to "Never" or "When selected."

"newbie consultant" wrote in
message ...
When I add page numbers to a word 2002 document, the page number is shaded

in
dark grey and I can't remove the shading. This is not dimmed like in

print
layout view. There is actual shading. Ironically, a document I have been
using for a few years has an embedded excel table in it. The last time I
opened that document, the table was also shaded in the dark gray. It's

like
the shading is in the background and I can't get rid of it. As I am a
technical writer, this is causing me great problems.