Peter Jamieson

I do get that behavior. I don't understand the connection between that
behavior and a Letters or Directory datatype.

The problem is that if you don't have the registry entry described in the KB
article, opendatasource will fail and what happens next will depend on what
error handling you have set up.

Peter Jamieson

"Don Petersen via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
There are two issues with this code. One is that there was a prompt for a
table on opening the datasource. That seems to be fixed by removing the
';'
from the SQLStatment clause.

The other problem is that a mailmerge doc of type Directory becomes type
Letters when opened by VBA code in Access.

Are you also definitely not seeing the issues associated with the KB

article
I mentioned earlier?

I do get that behavior. I don't understand the connection between that
behavior and a Letters or Directory datatype.

Does your database have either password security or user level
(workgroup)
security set up?

No.

I will work on this:
Can you please open the document manually, then use VBA to output the

values of

ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.Name
ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.ConnectStri ng
ActiveDocument.MailMerge.DataSource.QueryStri ng