If the URN number is in your mail merge data source, you can insert it as a
conditional merge field.

"Kushum" wrote in message
Hi,
It doesn't really matter if it sometimes has a URN number or not....Its

like
adding additional piece of information to the letter in regard to that
specific record that is sourced from the database but making sure that
information does not show up on all the other letters.
I'm really sorry about this...I'm trying my best to explain.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

How do you determine which URN number goes with which record (letter)?

Kushum wrote:
Hi Graham,
Basically the URN number has to be inserted manually after the whole
letter has produced all the information sourced from the database.
There's a lot of data approx:17,000 records.

What i'm trying to do is i need to add information to each letter of
each record after the merging has taken place.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

How many records are we talking about? If it is just a few, merge to
a new document and add them manually. If not, how do you determine
which numbers match which records?

Kushum wrote:
Hi,
I would be grateful if someone could give me some advice on how I
can change details on specific records on a mail merged document
that wouldn't change the details on all other merged letters. (The
data is being sourced from MS Access 2003, and I am using Office
XP).
For example On the letter with:
Record No: 1001 --- (I need to add URN code: 132665)
Record No: 1002 --- (I need to add URN code: 132698)
Taking into consideration that URN is not a database field which can
be used as a source its just a details that needs to be added onto
the letter. Sorry to confuse you, but hope i've explained myself.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Kush.