Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.tables
JethroUK JethroUK is offline

Default Anyone know why this table is broken?

Cheers that fixed it & thanks for the tip - i don't usually use that anchor
to select the table but i prolly have done

Just experimenting it seems the text-wrapping feature is restricted to the
page (not the whole document) so i can still use text on pages above/below
the table - is that right?

"BoniM" wrote in message
Right click the table and choose table properties. Under Text wrapping -
Around is selected. Click None and click Ok to have your table go back to
the top.
Probably what happened is that the table move handle (the little plus sign
that appears to the upper left of the table corner) was dragged by
accident... turning the table into a floating table. If you have
occasionally used that as a short cut to select the table, you might want
stay away from it. One teeny drag can convert your table and you already
know what a pain that is! (You said it was constantly happening to your
tables...)
Good luck with the other 100 pages...

"JethroUK" wrote:

Anyone explain why this table is starting halfway down the page when it
used
to start at the top?

http://jethrouk.members.beeb.net/broken.doc

This is constantly happening with my tables and it drives me insane and
the
only solution seems to be to re-write the whole 100 page document