Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] benamram.amir@gmail.com is offline

Default Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

I have found a partial remedy to the lost styles problem, which is: I have defined my styles as a "quick style set". Each time I re-open the document, the styles are reverted to some default, but by applying my quick style set I can regain my styles. Still, it is annoying that I have to do it each and every time I open the document. Isn't there any possibility to cause the style definitions to stay? (Preferably one that does not involve templates...)

Den onsdag den 12. februar 2014 14.51.28 UTC+2 skrev Lisa Wilke-Thissen:
Hi,

You may be interested to know I did explicitly change the font colour

setting for style A,

but then the error would occur on reopening the document (so there is a

"bug" somewhere)

you did not change the Design, you did not change the Styles Set? Did you

modify a character style, a paragraph style, or a linked style? You just

modified this one style, you did not modify the basis style?

Click into the formatted text and press SHIFT + F1. In the "Reveal

Formatting" pane enable "Distinguish style source". Then, which information

does the pane show for your text?

When opening the document by "Open and Repair": Does any error message

occur?

Your also can send me the document for analysing.

--

Cheers,

Lisa