Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anderflash Anderflash is offline

Default Mail merge with relative path

I think I understood. The relative path only occurs if the source is a Word
table...
Thanks for the information, I activated the database toolbar, put the MDB
data to a table with the database commands, I saved in a file and did the
mail merge. I moved the documents to another folder and it works.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The problem with that is the way the merge connects to mdb files created by
the merge wizard. In this case from the mailmerge helper (see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm ) edit the data
file - break the link when prompted and Word will create a Word table
containing the data. Save it with a suitable name. Keep the two documents
together in the same folder and the merge document should find its data
without prompting.

Anderflash wrote:
Yes, I have tried this. For example:
C:\Mail\Source.mdb and
C:\Mail\MailMerge.doc

If I move the Mail folder to c:\otherFolder, it would be:
c:\otherFolder\Mail\Source.mdb
c:\otherFolder\Mail\MailMerge.doc

If I double-click the MailMerge.doc, the Word will ask for the
c:\Mail\MailMerge.doc
What can I do to solve this? If you have a example, please I would be
glad if you send this to .

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The merge should be able to find the data if it is in the same
folder as the merge document. Have you tried it?

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Anderflash wrote:
Does someone know how I put relative path in a source to a mail
merge? I need to move the source and the mail merge document in
another directories, but I keep the source at the same folder of the
mail merge.
Thanks for the attention.