Anchor the letterhead to the First Page Header; that is the *only* practical
way to accomplish this. See the "More complex letterhead" section in
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"Dave W." wrote in message
I have duplicated our company letterhead in Word.
Our name, logo, and a horizontal line are at the top of the page (no in

the
header) and our address (text direction at 90 degrees) and a vertical line
are at the left of the page.
All text and images are in text boxes and all are outside of the page

margin.
If you type a letter or paste a letter that is shorter than one page, all
the images and text boxes of the letterhead remain fixed. Once the letter

is
longer than one page the letterhead drops to the next page.

I have tried selecting the Advanced/Lock anchor checkbox on the Format

Text
Box/Layout tab and with no success.

Any ideas on how to keep the "letterhead" fixed to the first page?