Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word 2003 Mail Merge to a Form

It's a little bit hard to tell from your post exactly what it is that you
are trying to do, but one thing is for sure, once you insert a Next Record
field in a document, you cannot get the data from the previous record to
appear in the document in a place that is after that Next Record field.

It maybe that you are trying to perform a "multiple items per condition
(=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at :

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

or at:

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"trac_lappa" wrote in message
I feel so dumb... can anyone help?

I know quite a bit about mail merge, using them for about 10 years with no
problems.

I have a 20 page Word 2003 doc, which has some of the same database fields
repeated throughout, eg at the top of so many pages.

I also have a list of names, that are repeated twice in the document.

All the data is in a Word document, as a data source.

When I merge it, the first page merges nicely, and then if something is
repeated further in the document, it won't merge again - it just comes up
blank.

Ther merge fields are correct in the main document and I have used "Next
record" when appropriate in relation to the list of names.

Is Word 2003 able to produce such a document, or am I missing something?

Please help!
--
Tracy