Graham Mayor

Simply put a formatting switch on the date field eg
{Mergefield Date \@ "MM-dd-yyyy"}
It is not clear whether you want day or month first - this one has the month
first.
See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

kbreiss wrote:
I have a .csv file that I use as my datasource for my MailMerge. We
recently got upgraded from Word '97 to 2000. In my text file I have
a date fields i.e.....
01-01-2005. When I merge my text file in Word it puts a datestamp on
this date field as well. Why does Word do this...shouldn't it just
leave a text file the way it is? I was able to get around this by
saving my text file in Excel and declaring my date field as text.
But that is one extra step. How can I get word to keep that date
field as just "01-01-2005" when using the .csv file as the
datasource? thanks in advance.