Thanks for the suggestions. These are small tables -- 2-5 rows. I can
try reinstalling the printer drivers. But they are HP drivers, you
see, and came with a 4.5 Meg software package. I'm sure the driver
itself isn't that big; I suspect bloatware.

*(((({

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/FastTables.htm), but that shouldn't