Using Insert | Caption, you can insert captions for figures or tables (just
choose which one you want in a given instance). If you want the Heading 1
numbering included, click on Numbering..., check "Include chapter number,"
and select Heading 1.

"termiflyer" wrote in message
When I define my own caption style with an outline numbered list, I can't
insert a reference in the numbered list to a heading: I want "Figure

1-2.",
where the "1" refers to the current Heading 1. I can only get "Figure 2."

like to do it this way because I can just type my caption, then apply my
caption style, and it will add the "Figure 2." automatically. Also, I

can't
use the built in "Caption" style, because I want to do the same thing with
tables.

I can get the "1" by inserting a caption (InsertCaption), but then my

style
doesn't "keep" the label associated with it. For instance, if I apply my
caption style, it will just change the style, it won't insert the auto

text
and numbering.

This seems like a common thing one would want to do. Can you help?

Thanks!