Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default File saved with newest WinWord won't open in WinWord 2000

You could have saved the file at work in Word 97-2003 format, but, since you
didn't, you'll need to download the Office Compatibility Pack from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en.

"Norman Swartz" wrote in message
At work I saved a file, to a thumbdrive, using the latest version
(whichever that is) of WinWord running under Vista. At home, I am
running WinWord 2000 under Windows XP SP2. The file will not open
at home and I won't have access to the computer at work for the
next two days. Is there any way to get the file to open in Winword
2000?

Many thanks.