Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default "Word is finishing analyzing your document"

I can't help feeling it's due to an add-in of some kind. You might try
starting Word in Office Safe Mode* to see if the problem persists. I've
worked on documents of more than 600 pages (full of graphics, footnotes,
etc.) and never seen this message.

*Press CTRL while starting Word. If you get a message box asking about Safe
Mode, agree to it.

"Kate" wrote in message
I am working with strictly text, no tables. "Automatically update document
styles" has always been cleared. I have now cleared "Keep track of
formatting." Hopefully that will help. If I pause in my typing for
approximately five to ten seconds it starts analyzing. Could it have
something to do with the length of my documents? This one is
approximately
500 pages. I started having this problem around page 400.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I keep having the tantalizing feeling that the answer to this was
ultimately
found, but when I google it, I see the same results you're probably
referring to (many of them earlier posts of mine). Several readers had
mentioned various PDF-making add-ins (PDF Complete and PDFMaker.dot are
among those mentioned), and another got success when s/he totally
disabled
Smart Tags. Another uninstalled Adobe Elements.

"Keep track of formatting" was probably a red herring, but one user did
write, "The message normally happens when I use 'Select All X
Instance(s)'
in the 'Styles and Formatting' right-hand panel, but has happened on
occasion randomly. What happens is the above message will appear, and
then
tables in the document have their style overwritten by an auto-generated
style." The last part suggests that "Automatically update document
styles"
might be implicated.

"Kate" wrote in message
I work with large legal documents. Word 2003 is CONSTANTLY finishing
analyzing my document. It does it every ten seconds or so, forcing me
push esc three times before it quits, and I can't continue working
while
it's
doing this. It is extremely frustrating. I have tried checking and
unchecking everything mentioned in previous questions. Several
mentions
have
been made of Adobe products. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, Adobe
Reader
8, and then something called AdbeRdr811_en_US. Please help me solve
this
problem.