Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stressed windows user

Default I NEVER want to track changes or comments in Word 03 - MAKE IT STO

This may help, if you go into the tools options menu on word, click on the
tab marked saved and it is located under the autosave function. that should
work, not sure about turning off the tracking changes. Hope that helps a bit.

"djrtowle" wrote:

I just was upgraded to Office 03. How do I get rid of the tracking of
changes and comments? I delete them and save and they show up again and
again! Also - can those stupid "smart-tags" be turned off forever??????