Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

Default Sort problem

Copy the first few rows of your table and post that. There must be something
odd about the way you've entered the numbers. Bear in mind that if the
'number' as you've entered it contains both digits and text, Word can't do a
numeric sort, so you'll get an alphanumeric sort -- all the codes beginning
with '1' (including 10s and 100s) -- then all the 2s (including 20s and
200s), etc

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 3 column table. Column one is locker number 1-300. Column 2 is
type M/Male F/Female and column 3 is key number.

Column 1 has 300 lockers all M. Starting with entry 301 I start over
again at 1 to reflect the start of W.

When I sort column 1 I assumed the sort would result in 1m1w 2m2w 3m3w
etc and down everyother one being a M or W all the way to the end
filling 600 entries.

That is not the case, as sorts into a non sensical mess moving
everything down the table to the bottom......there are 800 spaces,
therefore leaving the top 20 blank. Undoing the sort puts it all back.

Any help here.

Thanx

Greg