Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jaminthepark jaminthepark is offline

Default MS Word inserts header automatically

Thank you Suzanne,
It is Word 2003 a part of Office 2003 suite. Would overwriting
normal.dot file with another one from different computer which is
armored with same version of Word solve the problem?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
In recent versions of Word, if the header of Normal.dot has ever been
modified (or even looked at cross-eyed), it retains an empty paragraph that
can't be deleted. The only way to get rid of it, I'm afraid is to rename
Normal.dot, and I don't think it's worth losing all one's customizations
over such a minor annoyance (though this will definitely cause problems with
labels).

"jaminthepark" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

One of our students has shown us when she creates a blank word doc, a
blank header is also automatically inserted. I wonder if there is a way
to disable this what appears to be now default behaviour...

Thanks