Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
livetohike livetohike is offline

Default Can't get rid of replace text in the "Replace with"

On Aug 31, 11:15 am, "Klaus Linke" wrote:
"livetohike" wrote:
Word 2000

After many years of use, all of a sudden there is some replace text
'stuck' in the Replace with field. I delete it and it comes back some
time latter. For what its worth the text is: \1^032\2 (Which I
probably used at some point in the past.
Thanks

Do you use some macro that might do a wildcard replacement?
The macro could be re-written so it does not mess with the Find dialog...
either by re-setting the replacement text when it's finished, or by using
Range.Find instead of Selection.Find.

Regards,
Klaus

Yes, that was it! I don't know what Range.Find is so I added the two
lines at the bottom of the macro.

Thanks.

Sub ConvertWrap()
With Selection.Find