Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
elsie elsie is offline

Default Sorting Text In Table

This helps a great deal. Now I know the table has to be converted to text
first and it worked. Thanks.
"SVC" wrote:

You can't really do this in a Word table. However, there is a workaround.

Table Convert Table to text and Separate the text with Paragraph marks.
Then select the text and click Table Sort, By Paragraphs , Type: Text and
Ascending. Now Table Convert Text to table, use 3 columns and Separate
text at: Paragraph.

"Tiffany" wrote:

I have a table that has 3 columns and about 10 rows. I am trying to sort the
text in the boxes so they are in alphabetical order. My problem is that when
I push sort it will only sort by column, and not by row. For example, say the
first couple of rows look like this:
Bear Ape Cat
Ant Crow Bug

Then when I push sort it sorts the columns into alphabetical order but not
the rows, and it shows up like this:
Ant Ape Bug
Bear Crow Cat

When I would like it to look like this:
Ant Ape Bear
Bug Cat Crow

Does that make any sense? Is there a way to do that - to get it to sort by
row?

Thanks for the help!