Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly Kelly is offline

Default Why is Past link inactive in the dialog Paste Special?

This happens to me when I already have the text linked. You need to unlink
the text, or remove the previous link.

"Tina" wrote:

If I insert the file as an object, it will be saved in my document and that´s
not what I want. I´m just want to link to it.

"cyndi" wrote:

I don't believe you can link a bitmap with the paste special box, try
inserting it as an object, and check the link checkbox there

"Tina" wrote:

I'm trying to link a bmp-file into a Word-document, but the Past link-option
in the dialog Paste Special is inactive.