Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I turn off auto formatting in Word 2003?

See my reply to your previous question.

"Mockingbirdbat" wrote in message
Hi -- I'm having a similar problem where I want to use my own,

custom-built
auto-corrections about 50% of the time, and the rest of the time I want
almost none of them. I've posted my problem, but I'm still looking around

see if there's something here related to my issue. I was excited when I

saw
this macro, and I installed it, too, but it doesn't seem to be doing
anything. Or maybe it's only affecting the auto-corrects that are

hardwired
in Word, and ignores the ones I've added myself?

I know this is an old post (here with the link to the macro) but if anyone
still looks this far back, I'd love some advice.

Thanks,

--Kate

"Gloria" wrote:

Jay: thanks. I turned everything off and I still have a problem when I

bold
a line or underline a line, it does the whole document. I downloaded

and
attempted to install the macro but am guessing I did it wrong since it

won't
run. Is there any other options to turn off besides autocorrect? g

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:37:02 -0800, "Gloria Burt" Gloria
wrote:

The directions in help don't seem to do anything.

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm

--
Regards,