Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Default Convert Text to Numbers and Vice Versa

Global Find/Replace would be quickest.
"RPMitchal" wrote in message
Word 2003.

I am working on a 500 page document and a working policy has been put into
place whereby all numbers between 1 and 10 should be written out as text
and
all textual numbers greater than 10 should appear as numbers.

For example, the number 5 should be written as *five* and the textual word
twelve should appear as 12.

Additionally, any numbers that appears between parenthases should be
removed
completely.

For example, in an instance that appears as *twelve (12)* the result
should
be merely the number 12.

Would it be possible to accomplish this conversion via a macro; or even
two
separate macros?

Hopefully, I've explained the situation in a way that makes sense. It
sure
would be a big help and save me quite a bit of time and tedium.

As always, thanks very much in advance.

Rod