Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dsjr dsjr is offline

Default word docs don't open directly with double click

Operating system XP €“ Media center edition
Dell dimension 5150 €“ about 2 ½ years old
MS office (word) 2003 with SP2

This problem is new .. started about 3 weeks ago and is intermittent, though
as time goes on the problem occurs more often.

1. I open My Documents
2. I open a Folder
3. Within the Folder I select and open a specific Word document
4. Word opens, but the screen is grey (no document shows)
5. At that point I can go to
File,
i. Open €¦
1. which basically takes me back to the whole list of Folders in My
Documents €¦ re-open the folder and re-select the document

Anyone know what might be wrong and how I might fix this?