Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Forms & Locking Tables

akaallice wrote:
I use word to make forms for our office. I use tables to make the
forms. Other people in the office use the forms on the computer (I've
taught them to do 'save as'). Thing is, when they type too much
information into the space alloted on the table, it completely shifts
the format of the form, makes the pages longer, shifts it onto
another page, etc. My blank forms that I have to print out over and
over again, are just fine as no one types in them. So how can I lock
the table into place? Too bad I can't get a copy of it on here for
you to look at.

In the Table Properties dialog, you can set the row heights of the table to
exact values instead of "at least". That will prevent any overflow of text
from expanding the cell -- it will just disappear below the bottom of the
cell.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman