Larry

Yes, its a laptop with a touchpad.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The cursor and the insertion point are the same thing. The mouse pointer is
something different, and there may well be a setting in your mouse software
(Control Panel | Mouse) to hide the pointer (not move it out of the way)
when typing, but that doesn't sound like the issue here. Is this a laptop?
Does it have a touchpad?

"Larry" wrote in message
I do know the difference between curser and insert and Im convinced that

it
has to be a setting. I know in wordperfect (if you will pardon the
expression) there is a setting asking whether you would like to have the
curser move out of the way when you type. But I cant find any sort of a
setting like that in Word.

It performs too consistantly to be a bug and I would be willing to

uninstall
and reinstall but Im not convinced that it wont be there again. It has

been
present for a long time, I honestly cant remember if it dates from the
original install. I simply wasnt typing enough to have it be a big hassle,
now it is.
Larry

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:48:49 +0300, "Opinicus"
wrote:

"Jay Freedman" wrote

wrote:

When I move the curser toward text it moves the text out
of the way, or the
curser jumps up a line so I can see better. This is
driving me nuts,
espeically when it pushes text down to another page. Im
sure there is a way
to turn off this cuser behavior, but I cant find it. Can
anyone help?

How are you moving the cursor? If you're pressing the
space bar, DON'T
DO THAT! Use the arrow keys, or the Page Up/Down keys or
the Home and
End keys.

That's a very ingenious diagnosis, Jay. But I still can't
figure out the part about the cursor jumping *up* a line.

OK, ingenious but wrong... ;-)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman