Foppa

Can you do the same thing in Excel? I got it to work in Word, but not in
Excel. Thanks.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:50:02 -0700, "jimbo"
wrote:

I am trying to insert a new item in the pull down list in the 'insert auto
text' under headers and footers and i can not figure out how to do this.

The items in that list are the autotext entries that are formatted
with Header style or Footer style. Place your new item in a blank
document, format it with Header style, select it, and press Alt+F3.
Then you can discard the blank document, and the autotext will be
stored in the Normal.dot template (which you need to save -- hold
Shift while you click File, then select Save All).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...n/AutoText.htm for more
info.

--
Regards,