Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dabbler Dabbler is offline

Default print 4 up form from mailmerge?

Thanks, next record is what I was looking for. Now I just have o figure out
label merge. He only has Office 97 on that PC but I'm hoping whatever I
create in Word 2003 will run on his system. Unfortunately a vet in the inner
city doesn't make what the human docs make

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What you probably need is to set up a Label merge, but you may need to
create a "custom label" which you can do in the Label Options dialog. Set up
the merge fields you need in the first label, then use the Propagate labels
facility to copy the fields/formatting to the other labels on the page (may
not work on some tablet systems and Vista systems). If you need 4 different
labels per page (i.e. one per record in the data source), leave the Next
record fields at the beginning of labels 2,3, and 4. If you need 4
identical labels per page, delete those Next record fields. If you need
two-sided cards, things get a bit more complicated.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Dabbler" wrote in message
My vet has an application that was written in Wordperfect 4 to merge
reminder
notice data onto a one up reminder card that was printed on a (now
defunct)e
dot matrix printer.

I would like to create a mailmerge template so he can print the same data
on
his sheet feed inkjet which means the data needs to be output 4 up e.g.
four
reminder cards pre preprinted 8.5 x 11 sheet.

Any suggestions or perhaps direction to an example of merging CSV file
data
into a form (4-up would really help!)

Thanks much.

Michael