Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Default how do I change the icon size in Word 2007 toolbars

Howard,

With the exception of a single customizable Quick Access Toolbar (QAT),
Word2007 doesn't use menu and toolbars like previous Word versions. It uses
a Ribbon, Tab, Groups, and Controls. To make matters worse the QAT only
displays "normal" sized controls and the out of the box selecton of icon
choices is very limited.

You can customize the Ribbon and add your own tab with "large" controls.
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm
and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm

Howard Walker 635 wrote:
As a slightly disabled user, I have always been ble to change the
size of the icons on what I call toolbars in earlier versions of word.
I cannot find how to do it in word 2007, and any search for a toolbar
comes up with zero results. The standard screen is unusable without
the aid of a magnifying glass, making the system impossible to use.
I cannot imagine that Microsoft will have omitted such an important
item for those with poor sight.
Do I have to change to Open Office?

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP