Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

Default Creating multiple indexes in a document (subject, authors, etc

Sorry, Suzanne; I responded to hastily. I got it to work. I changed "See to
7,34-35" to "See page", then I understood what the number was that pops up
when I insert the crossreference - it's the number of the page of the
bookmark. Thanks.
Qumranandy

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't see how you expected {haplographies3} to do anything (even if you
inserted the braces using Ctrl+F9). You need a PAGEREF field, which you will
get if you use Insert | Reference | Cross-reference, instead, selecting
Bookmark as the reference type and Page number for "Reference to."